The Talk

THE TALK

By Linda S. Gunther


Theresa and I saw politics the same way. We shared our views every month when I had my hair done at her salon.

“How much shall we cut today?”

“An inch?”

Theresa nodded.

“Guess where I’m going next week?” She grinned.

“Trip to Europe?”

“No. To Washington DC, just before the 250th anniversary. Can’t wait.”

Silence.

“You don’t think I should?”

“I love D.C. but I would not choose to head there in this political climate at this particular time.”

“Well…where would you live if not the U.S.?” Her tone, confrontational.

“I didn’t say that I don’t love my country.”



Author Bio

Linda S. Gunther is the author of six published suspense novels: Ten Steps from the Hotel Inglaterra, Endangered Witness, Lost in the Wake, Finding Sandy Stonemeyer, Dream Beach, and Death is a Great Disguiser. Her memoir titled A Bronx Girl (growing up in the Bronx in the 1970’s) was released in 2024. Her short stories and book reviews have been published in a variety of literary journals across the world. Linda’s short plays, Listen While You Work, Waiting for the Magic and Divided We Stand were produced and performed in 2025 at theaters in New York, and Napa Valley, CA. In 2026, Linda’s play titled Stella Flowers: Private Investigator was performed in Cedar Springs, Michigan and Waiting for the Magic performed in Naples, Florida. Upcoming, Linda’s comedy, Back to the Suture, will be performed at Mountain Community Theater in Northern California. Visit Linda’s website: www.lindasgunther.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40 Units

Take Down

WRITE-BYTES