Passing Over


I sigh as I sink down onto the sand and hug my knees to my chest against the coolness of the predawn air. I have struggled to get here but now I am just in time to witness a most glorious event, unseen by so many. The air tingles with anticipation as the world seems to hold its breath, as do I, as slowly there is a lightening to the east over the dark unfathomable ocean. A slither of white light rises over the indigo horizon and as it grows the white turns to gold, spilling its wake across the incoming waves like millions of diamonds.

I take a deep breath of delight, tasting the salty air brought to me by the mild sea breeze, as the colours before me change again. It is like watching a giant Kaleidoscope, as the sun moves a little higher painting the morning sky vivid purple with a splash of green and many shades of blue; too many to count.

As the warmth of the sun final reaches close enough to touch my face, I close my eyes against its brightness and the corners of my mouth rise up. At last I feel the knot I have had for so long in my stomach, unwind and I can let it all go. All the pain, angry, denial and self pity that I have been hanging on to like a drowning woman, is now draining from me. Gone is the need to rale against the injustice of my situation and as I sit watching such beauty the last residual anger slips away and I am free. Peace, love and light is all I want in my life and I invite them in. I feel loved and no longer alone, something I have rarely felt in this lifetime but at last I have found love from within. I’m glad about this but wish I had found inner peace before now, but better late than never.

Behind me I feel her presence and smile as I am ready now, to go with her.

You have done well and learnt much beloved one, but if you are ready, you can move on now.”

I look up and see so much compassion and love in her face for me that I feel humble to be in her presence.

Yes I’m ready,” I say as this time I really am.

I have said all my goodbyes so, when she holds out her hand I reach up and take it. Effortlessly I’m standing like I used to and we begin to walk along the beach into the golden light of the sun. Just before we step into it I turn to look back and see my earthly body slumped on the dune and there are no footprints on the beach. I am free of the pain now and smile at her as she leads me into the tunnel where only love awaits me.


By T. J. Hobbs





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100-word challenge

40 Units

Childcare