Ode to Evangeline


I settle the orange camo muffs over my ears, fire off my best friend JJ’s new Smith & Wesson X-Frame 500 down the range and, ears ringing under their protective gear, muscles still thrumming from the recoil, think: Man, that’s THE GUN! I need for Evangeline -- Love of my life, joy of my heart; Eva, Eva, Eva. She of the bluest eyes, they make me sing. Cream in my coffee, slug in my barrel, she-bang in my life. It’s a damn shame JJ had to mess with the best thing I had going. I turn and put the next round dead between JJ’s eyes, then ease my phone out of a back pocket as the pink mist settles on his herky-jerky body. Darling! I say when she answers. Darling, get yourself ready. I’m coming to see you.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100-word challenge

40 Units

Childcare