Interview with a Champion of the Future



Chomp! I know I’m only little but I practice hard every day. My mother and father and even ancestors all the way back will be proud of me.

Chomp! It’s true that it involves a lot of pain, but I’m willing to make that sacrifice in order to get to my goal.

Chomp! The Pain Away people are happy to sponsor me because I need so much of their stuff to keep me going.

Chomp! But I know it will be worth it one day when I’m “The All-Time World’s Best Ouroboros”!

Sigh. Chomp!

by Susan Cornford 



Susan Cornford is a retired public servant, living in Perth, Western Australia. She/her has pieces published or forthcoming in Across the Margin, Adelaide Literary Magazine, Antipodean Science Fiction, borrowed solace, Cafe Lit, Crow’s Feet Journal, Ethel Zine, Flash Frontier, Flora Fiction Website, Frost Zone Zine, Granfalloon Magazine, Meet Cute Press, Mono, Mystery Tribune, The Mythic Circle, Quail Bell Magazine, The Short Humour Site, Thriller Magazine, Worthing Flash and others.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100-word challenge

40 Units

Childcare