The Wish

It is unusual to have a genie appear in your living room. She had light brown hair.

You have one wish,” she said, “You cannot wish for more wishes because that is greedy.”

Genie looked at me kindly.

I do wish my memory were better,” I said after a little thought.

Your wish is my command, sweetie,” she said.

Oh, frabjous day! Phone numbers; what I intended to buy at the shops; why I went upstairs; they all came flooding back.

And then the dark memories crept in and I remembered every bad thing I had done; every person I had hurt; every time I had been embarrassed in my whole life. They were all there too in vivid detail.

OMG,

I looked at the genie. She had a patient understanding look when she reminded me, “Just the one wish, cupcake. You can't wish to unremember the bad things.”

Derek McMillan is the author of the best-selling* audio book Brevity which is available on eBay.

* I know best-sellers usually have sales in the millions. For me 50 is a best-seller and Brevity has sold over 100 😀



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100-word challenge

40 Units

Sawtooth