Reunion of Friends

 

I reached my native place in Kerala and immediately called up my school classmate Sankara and requested him to pick me at 4 PM to meet our school class mate Krishnan. 
As promised he reached my gate and used the car horn. Sankara was my intimate close friend during school days.
 
I didn't waste any time getting into the car and soon we drove to our adjacent town Cheruthuruthy. 
As we were reaching town he said. 'VK, look who is walking in front of us, It is Mani.'Sankara stopped the car beside him and called out his name and he got into the car. 
 
'Mani, who is with me.' Mani looked at my face. I moved the mask down, seeing my face full he shouted.
'VK, it is you, so nice to see you after so many years.' I was not able to remember his face.
I pretended that I knew him. We dropped him near his house and proceeded to Krishnan's house. 
Sankara said, 'VK, I think you didn't know that person'
I said, 'yes, I did not.' Sankara said. It is our school friend Narayanan Kutty.' I was astonished to hear his talk. Narayanan Kutty was one of my dearest and closest friends during school days. 
 
I told Sankara 'Please call him back, I want to talk more with him.' Sonner Narayanan Kutty arrived at Krishnan's house and we had a detailed talk.
 
He was remembering lot of funny incidents of our school days. I said, sorry I didn't remember
his face. He said, 'It is ok, I lost the hair and the rest of the hair has become grey.'
He was feeling sad while talking with us.
 
I consoled him and said. 'Wrinkles on the face or grey hairs are no barrier for our great friendship.'
 
'VK, you were so naughty and funny, missed you for a long time.' We took a snap and departed promising to see each other next year again.


By Rajan V Kokkuri
 

I want to recommend this product at Amazon

I Remain  Forever Yours
by Amazon Asia-Pacific Holdings Private Limited
Learn more: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07ZD9XVHC/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_0BaUFbSQ95YQK
    


I want to recommend this product at Amazon

MY PRECIOUS DREAMS: THE RARE FOOTSTEPS & 4 SHORT STORIES
by Amazon Asia-Pacific Holdings Private Limited
Learn more: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08FTGSRLH/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_zAaUFb208SXZA
      


I want to recommend this product at Amazon

MY DREAMS मेरे सपने (HINDI EDITION)
by Amazon Asia-Pacific Holdings Private Limited
Learn more: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08HJ9B8R6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_VQaUFbD902JMD
    





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100-word challenge

40 Units

Childcare