Dmitri


I employed Dmitri to translate my book into Russian. He knew a lot of colloquial English. I don't speak Russian but my friend Google does so I did the odd spot check on Dmitri. 


I found out that he had translated a phrase about a painting being slashed with the Russian for urinated. We laughed about that and also about using the same word for a weed in my back garden. A minor reference to Winnie the Pooh came out as Winnie the defecation.


However, when I found out what he had called my Aunt Fanny I decided to sack him.

 


 Derek McMillan lives in Durrington with his wife, Angela, who is also his editor. He writes book, film and TV reviews as well as short stories for publications in the UK, USA and Canada, His latest book is the audiobook "Brevity" which is available on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/audio-books-cd-flash-fiction-Brevity-short-stories/164361970913
 

He also edits #worthingflash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40 Units

100-word challenge

Childcare