You don't question a hero

 


Terry “call me Tes” Makepiece was a hero. During the time I was shielded against Covid he did the shopping and took the dog for long walks. The prices in the shops were shocking, he said. When I could get out and about again I found the prices weren't so bad. Perhaps they'd gone down. When I took the dog for a walk, Nancy took me straight to the Rose and Crown.

The barmaid greeted her, “Hello Nance, I see you brought the old skinflint with you this time.”

I had my doubts about Tes but you don't question a hero.

 

(I didn't enter this for #100-word challenge because I can't enter my own contest. Also it has 101 words)

Derek McMillan is a writer in Durrington. His latest work is an audiobook of short stories.


 Brevity is available on eBay Click Here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40 Units

100-word challenge

Childcare