May’s Flower

 


‘Come here,’ he said, slipping his arm around me. ‘I’ve something for you,’ smiling, he pulled his fingers through my hair, pushed it behind my ears; his eyes twinkling, he twisted a flower into it.

I giggled, swayed my hips like the sexy senorita I imagined myself to be.

‘A spring flower for my May,’ he said, nibbling my ear.

‘That hurts.’

‘Sorry,’ he whispered, his lips tickling my cheek.

Then it wasn’t his lips, but a feather.

I laughed, threw my head back.

The flower fluttered to the ground, petals scattered everywhere.

‘Stupid bitch,’ he yelled, pulling my hair.

 


 

Comments

  1. WOW. In one hundred words this story captures the uncertainty and menace of what is obviously an abusve relationship. It gave me chills.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

40 Units

100-word challenge

Childcare