An Everlasting Memory

by Rajan V Kokkuri
It was the last day of my work. All my friends had arranged a small party. It was the turn of my boss to say a few words. "Most of you know that VK is a hard worker and helped us to meet the targets on time and also trained the team very well."
"But what I have to tell is a different story. Few people do things without being told, that is VK’s nature. He will go an extra step to see that work is done in time with quality."
"He will see that everyone is happy around him whether it is office boy or the director. I would request our team to copy this attitude from him."
One day I was away for a client meeting and reached home late. When I reached home my wife was just waiting for me.”
“‘Oh my god. Do you know what happened today? Our son was having high fever in the morning after you left for the office. I did not know what to do. I called you up at your office. The phone was ringing and there was no answer. I was very desperate and didn’t know what to do. I made an attempt again then VK took the phone. He told me that you were away and asked me what was the issue.'”
“'He consoled me and said ‘don’t worry’. After a few minutes he came home and took me and son to hospital. He stayed with us in hospital and dropped us back. Son is fine now after taking medicine. Thank God. He was there to help in time.”
"Next day when I went to the office I met VK and he was very casual, as if nothing has happened. If I do not tell this incident you will not know what kind of person we are going to miss from our group. We will come across many people in our lives, but few will make a real impression on our lives and stay in our memory for ever.”
It was a memorable send-off party for me. A few years later Raj and his family migrated to Australia.
I don’t know where he is now. I wish to get a message from him some day or meet him somewhere. I hope that he will read this story and remember me.





I Remain Forever Yours is available now

The link is here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100-word challenge

40 Units

Childcare