Locksmith.

Locksmith.
I imagine myself as a house, with as many doors as an advent calendar. Some doors are armoured and bolted securely; some spring open at the merest touch.
 I’ve spent years barricading a few of the doors - wedging the contents under the doorknob to ensure nobody ever goes in there again. Sometimes I long for patio doors that open onto sunlit gardens full of vibrant flowers and trilling birds.
 Occasionally, people tempt me to leave a spare key under the mat, but mostly I’m content to open the public rooms to admiring visitors.
You, though. You have my skeleton key.


I’m a 62 year old writer living in Devon, and I’ve just achieved a Masters degree in Creative Writing from Hull Uni. This is the first time I’ve entered Worthing Flash.

Roz Levens



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100-word challenge

40 Units

Sawtooth