In Camera


They kiss.

They've done this before; not a polite 'you-may-kiss-the-bride' kiss; not a chaste 'one for the
camera' kiss. It's practised, probing, passionate.

I try to tear my gaze away, but my longing pins me like a butterfly to a board.

My mouth waters, my hands rise of their own will, wanting to pull her from him, from his heaviness, his heat, his ownership. I raise my camera, fumble with the lens, desperate to capture this moment, to preserve yet prevent in the same movement.

I brush the confetti from my dress, turn away.

They kiss.
I’m a 62 year old writer living in Devon, and I’ve just achieved a Masters degree in Creative Writing from Hull Uni. This is the first time I’ve entered Worthing Flash.

Roz Levens



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100-word challenge

40 Units

Sawtooth