It Was a Most Unusual Day

 

Today

I walked across my back yard and fell into a sink hole.

I had no desire for this experience

Or

many other experiences

like flipping my car over

Or

being cornered by a bob cat

Or

my Uncle Yossel who loved giving Hungarian Peaches (noogies)

And

feeling up the nieces

Until

I lay in wait for him when he came to my house one night

And

I trussed him up like the pig he was and tossed him into the sink hole.

And

Began shoveling

 


Paul Beckman’s latest flash collection, Kiss Kiss (Truth Serum Press) was a finalist for the 2019/2020 Indie Book Awards. Some of his stories appeared in Spelk, Connotation Press, Necessary Fiction, Litro, Pank, Playboy, WINK, Jellyfish Review, and The Lost Balloon. He had a story selected for the 2020 National Flash Fiction Day Anthology Lineup and was short listed in the Strands International Flash Fiction Competition. Paul curates the FBomb NY flash fiction reading series monthly in KGB’s Red Room (Currently Virtual).

Comments

  1. Great piece, Paul. Spooky, chilling & funny all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing! The hidden value of accidentally discovered and dormant sink holes with loose dirt in the vicinity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100-word challenge

40 Units

Childcare